Have you ever driven around the local area and seen shutters on windows? Not the kind of shutter that your grandma might have flipped open to spy on the neighbours, but solid metallic shutters that cover the entire window? Maybe you’ve wondered what purpose they serve or how much they cost. What you probably don’t know is that they come in a wide range of styles and can actually enhance a home for a variety of reasons.
Why Get Window Shutters Installed?
If you’re at all interested in having roller shutters installed, you’ll be pleased to know that they are affordable and can be found in colours that will probably match your existing décor. But why get them in the first place? Consider the following benefits to having them:
- Security: The strength and durability of the high-density polyurethane injected aluminium construction provides additional security around the home. As petty crimes have increased in some areas, it is common to have shutters installed over windows particularly in order to deter would-be thieves.
- Versatility: Shutters like this are not just for your windows. They can be installed over skylights, bay windows, entrances, and even doors. This makes them a flexible solution to enhance your home.
- Privacy: If you’ve ever wanted more privacy, why not have shutters installed? This is especially useful for those people who own homes that face a busy road.
- Insulation: These strong and durable shutters provide an additional layer of insulation. This means that when closed they will keep in the heat in winter, and keep out the heat in summer! As an Australian living in some pretty harsh and brutal summers where the temperatures can often hit over 40 degrees Celsius, this is an indispensable solution.
- Lower bills: Because these shutters are so good at adding another layer of effective insulation over windows, doors, and other areas, you’ll save money on your cooling and heating bills.
- Noise: If you’re a shift worker and often need to sleep at odd hours when the noise outside is at its loudest, you’ll appreciate the fact that closed shutters will actually reduce the noise that comes into the home. This means that you can rest easy and get a better sleep when you really need it!
Protecting You All Year Long
Some of the advantages of having shutters installed around your home may be pretty obvious, but have you ever thought about what might happen if you’re in the middle of a bushfire? Bushfires are a constant threat in Australia during the height of summer, especially in areas that are dense with foliage and trees. As the wood and leaves dry out quickly during the heat of summer, they can go up in flames very quickly, allowing the fire to spread savagely.
If you live in such an area, it might be time to have strong and durable shutters installed. Having been manufactured to the highest Australian standards, these shutters provide another barrier to ash, flying debris, and embers during a bushfire. This added layer of protection means that your home may stand a better chance of surviving the next bushfire.